Saturday, January 14, 2006

Polyphasic Sleep: discovered

SO!

I was keeping up with daily news on Shoutwire and just found and read ALL of Steve Pavlina's blog entries on his polyphasic sleep experiment, found here: http://www.stevepavlina.com/blog/2005/10/polyphasic-sleep/ (and a wikipedia entry: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polyphasic_sleep)

TOTALLY amazing! And I am more than pumped up to try it myself than I can fully convey here in text.

Basically it's the life style change of sleeping 20-30 minutes at a time for 6-7 times spaced out over the normal 24 hour day. Steve has now been doing it himself for almost 90 days with so much good to say about it, that it sounds like he's never going back to "popular" sleep habits.

I would HIGHLY recommend reading Steve's "Day 19-20" entry if no others.

It seems that many people who have tried it in the past have had varying degrees of success, and mostly failure due to things like oversleeping (during the adjustment phase), poor self-discipline, and lack of flexibility in their normal daily schedule.

After reading all his blog entries, I seem to have many things in common with Steve, and I expect that will contribute to my success (already thinking positively.. heh)

Let's get started! =)

No comments: