Saturday, January 28, 2006

Fell off the face of the planet

Well, if anyone was keeping up...
As you can see.. I disappeared for a bit.

Actually, I tried it for a bit longer, but
got bored with posting the same stuff each time,
so thought I'd post less often. However, I only
worked at this for another 2-3 days and then
decided to quit.

A few factors came in to play.
1) I realized that even though my time is very
flexible working from home mostly, that I
really did LIKE the flexibility. Which meant
that having to work around so many naps was
a bit of a chore. And then several spontaneous
plans/invites came up, which were hard to work
around.
2) I don't get sick very often at all, but every
couple of years when I do... I'm told to take
lots of vitamin C and get plenty of sleep.
That type of sleep needed is not REM, but rather
the "other" types that obviously have a lot to
do with healing and recovery and our immune system.
Since little long term research has been done on
how cutting out those other phases of sleep are
going to affect us over the long term, I started
to think this might not be such a great idea.
3) Even though I had not gotten to many days of this
under my belt, I was not seeing some of the MAIN
advantages I wanted to see... the remembering of
my dreams, and lucid dreaming.

When added all up.. I was starting to come up with a
lot of negatives, and not seeing any of the positives.
I've decided to try something else that was suggested
which is to set my alarm for 5 hours from whenever
I go to sleep for the night.

I also might consider making an adjustment so that I
take a single nap somewhere around 2-4pm... Many other
countries call this a "siesta" and is part of their
regular daily cycle.... fitting it properly in to
their normal workday.

No comments: