Tuesday, January 17, 2006

cycle #0013 (Day 3- 04:00)

intro: Yes. I'm here, but sitting to write anything would be bad right now - more soon.

UPDATE (10:02): Well, as you might be able to tell with the LONG pause in writing, "something happened". I woke up at 04:30 as planned and stayed up for an hour. During which time I constantly stayed moving.... walking around the house. I was SO tired I'd stagger slightly, perhaps bump in to a wall every now and then. My eyes were trying to shut so badly that it was almost impossible for me to keep them open even while walking! I tried playing Frozen Bubble to get my mind occupied with something else, but after a few minutes I found myself trying to doze off again. I found myself trying to justify and rationalize various reasons to go to sleep. Finally, I decided it had been an hour, and so if my body wanted sleep THAT bad, then perhaps I should give it a 30 minute chance to get REM, so I did (05:30-06:00). The alarm went off, but I was still dead tired, so I "let's let the body catch up with what it needs and continue from there". This lead to sleeping until 08:57, but I laid in bed a few minutes trying to plan things out, which led to another doze off and waking up at 09:55.

I don't really see this as a set back. The way I look at it, is that because I had originally (Saturday night / Sunday morning) only gotten 3 hours sleep, which was suppose to be my last full night (and didn't get it), then I started off at a deficit, and so Sunday's / Monday's naps were trying to catch up on lost REM rather than "get ahead". NOW, after sleeping until my body feels fully rested and woke up on it's own, I'm going to assume it's where it should be, and so today's naps will be extra REM... hopefully to stockpile and be ahead of tonight's requirements.

No comments: