Sunday, January 15, 2006

cycle #0003

Sleep/Wake: even though I was tired, when I got in bed my brain was too active. I kept thinking of things I wanted to post about, or do. A time or two I could tell I was on the verge of sleep, but then pulled back. It felt very much like I might feel if my feet were half way off a sharp drop off.... suddenly had the sensation of about to fall off, but then catching yourself, using your arms to rebalance. When I tried to think of music or play a movie in my head that seemed to help. Finally I looked at the clock and it was 20:15... ack! only 15 min left! .. I decided to put on some soft music (Gorecki - "Lamb") to help pull my thoughts away from reasoning thought, but no luck. Alarm went off and I certainly got no sleep at all. I hopped right up, with the attitude, "okay brain... if you're not gonna use it.. you lose it". Actually I DO feel a bit more refreshed, but I expect this will soon pass. I'll make sure I'm up for another 2 hours, maybe 3 before giving my body another chance to get the picture that SPEED is of the essence. :)

Activities:
  • First, set up my 18" guitar amp, and create a very annoying MP3 as a backup alarm.
  • Next, get groceries (more raw fruits, veggies and juices)

    Food: Started the cycle off with a few prunes and then some mixed stir-fry veggies. Later had some grapefruit juice and a stick of celery.

    UPDATE (23:45): Even though I had been sleepy before the last time I laid down (and didn't get any sleep), I felt amazing good from 20:30-22:45?! But since 22:45 I've been going down fast. I'll take a nap at midnight... I have a feeling I WILL sleep. All 3 alarms set :)

    see you at 00:30
  • No comments: