Sunday, January 15, 2006

cycle #0001

So it begins.

It's 10:30 and I'm just back from my first attempt at a 30min nap.

With the lack of sleep last night I felt myself start to doze off 3 times, but I don't think I actually got to sleep. I don't particularly feel any more rested than before the nap, but I felt good before, so I'm happy.

Dreams: I played some images in my mind, hoping this would lead to dreaming. The 3 doze-off times MIGHT have started as dreams before I twitched and realized I was awake.... I'm not going to offically call it sleep or dreams.

I haven't had much of anything to eat today, and being a bit hungry could have helped keep me from sleep. I think I'll have my normal oatmeal (with cinnamon, sugar and water) now. I also take a generic multivitamin daily... and I'm going to be adding and extra vitamin C during the adjustment phase, since I hear sleep deprivation causes a weakened immune system.

Next naps will be at 15:00 (3pm), then 18:00 (6pm), then 22:00 (10pm).

UPDATE (13:00): ACK! I had forgotten my dad invited me to lunch with him and granddad. Normally I don't eat much steak, but he cooked.... so had half a steak, half pototato and some salad. Starting to eat smaller portions, which I've generally been trying to do anyway for the last year, but now will start making a stronger effort.

14:50 - Just finished reading Tynan's entire blog. He has friends posting their polynaps on there too, so it was a bit confusing to follow sometimes. I have to commend them on their CONTINUAL efforts, but in all honesty I was disappointed to see how often they overslept. I'm sure they don't mean to, and I will soon see how difficult it is for myself! -- but I'm planning to attack this with a lot more consistency. Going to focus more on Steve's blog as a guide.

Welp. I want to nap at 3pm, so see you soon

No comments: