Thursday, August 10, 2006

late night run

Been a very busy boy lately. Up late, both waking and sleeping. Didn't get my run in until just after 9pm tonight, but let's see how it compares to the day time runs.

21:05:00 - start run
21:14:00 - first mile (9:00)
21:13:00 - second mile (9:00)
21:23:00 - third mile (10:00) - walk/jog combo (mostly jog)

As you can see, the pace for the first two miles was a bit faster. Actually, it FELT like I was doing the first mile even faster than that, but I guess the clock doesn't lie. I kept a "stage 2" breathing rhythm the entire first mile... if you remember, that is inhale on (Left-Right-Left) and exhale on (R-L-R).

The second mile was "stage 3" breathing (L-R-in and L-R-out) the whole mile. Even though it was a night time run, it seemed more draining than the night run I did several weeks ago.

The third mile was mostly running, but I did take 2 short breaks to help catch (slow down) my breathing. Muscles were a bit sore from yesterday's run too.

All in all it was a good 3 miles... in 28 minutes total. Pretty soon I'm going to have to come up with a good 4-mile course.

No comments: