Monday, July 31, 2006

right route?

Skipped Friday's run. (lazy me)

Got out today at 10:35am. WeatherUnderground says it's 95F and 3% humidity, but I don't know how that is possible!! Seemed very humid out there to ME! And my humidity reader says 57%.

Again, I did the first 2 miles at right on 9:30 each. I did the walk/jog thing again for the last mile, but still managed to get it done in.... 9:45 !? Something doesn't seem right... hmm.. I think I know what it is.. lemme re-check the route info !

Yup! I was right. I have been thinking each of the first two miles were actually longer than they really are, so have really been doing them a little faster than 9:30, but not by enough to matter much. STILL... it might be enough to be part of the reason the last mile has seemed faster... because I've been taking maybe 60 seconds from that last mile and including it in the first 2 miles. Probably not a big deal. I have been correct about the total 3 mile distance, but I will try to be correct for the first two miles starting tomorrow.

Anyway... breathing was pretty controlled and steady the entire run, although a bit quicker during the uphill climb right after the first mile. Legs didn't feel too bad, but there were a couple times I just felt like taking a break...

No comments: