Monday, March 19, 2007

Back to 3 miles

(ahh.. what the hell... I'll post it here too)

Today I managed to run the complete 3 miles without stopping!

This last weekend I was talking to my friend Darrell (who will be running the 10k with me next month). He’s got a bit more experience running, and so I mentioned to him that I was a little frustrated with my lack of progress over the last month. It’s been a long time since the last post, but for the past 2 weeks I have been running 4 out of the 5 weekdays (I’ll post more about that later), but have only been jogging the first mile, and then doing a walk/jog combination on the last 2 miles. My total completion time is always about 31-32 minutes with VERY little variation. The first mile is always done in about 9:30 (min:sec). He suggested I REALLY slow down on that first mile, and then push through the next two.

So today, that’s what I did. I completed the first mile in 10:40, the second mile by 21:02, and the third by 32:30, which means that my overall time stayed the same, but I reached the goal of running the entire course. I was able to keep my breathing very controlled until the last half of the last mile, and then it did get just a little faster, but not as much as the previous weeks. My legs are quite a bit more sore though! So, time to up the protein drinks.

As for the weather. It’s starting the get a little warmer. I started the run at 16:00 again today, and did a bit more sweating than the last couple weeks. I enjoy getting the extra sun, but might need to go back to my early morning runs before too much longer.

No comments: